- Smalltalk is an pure object-oriented, dynamically typed, reflective programming language.
- In this every thing is an object .
- Here every thing will be performed by sending as messages.
- Small and uniform language
- Syntax fits on one sheet of paper
- Large library of reusable classes Basic Data Structures, GUI classes, Database Access, Internet, Graphics
- Advanced development tools
- Browsers, GUI Builders, Inspectors, Change Management Tools, Crash Recovery Tools, Project Management Tools
- Interactive virtual machine technology
- Truly platform-independent
- Team Working Environment
Releasing, versioning, deploying.
- We will see how a simple, uniform object model enables live, dynamic,interactive software development.
Try not to care — Beginning Smalltalk programmers often have trouble because they think they need to understand all the details of how a thing works before they can use it. This means it takes quite a while before they can master
Transcript show: ‘Hello World’.
- Here in virtual machine all the Objects exist in a persistent image [+ changes]
- It is an Incremental compilation